THE CASH RAILWAY WEBSITE
|Home||Manufacturers||Cash Balls||Wire systems||Cable systems||Pneumatic systems||Locations||References||Patents|
This is to assemble prelimnary ideas and is still a "work in progress".
1. The move from moving physical objects (coins, notes, paper documents) to moving data - which can be done through ethernet or even wifi.
2. The trend to self-service with tills only at the exit.
3. Saving time (customers' and staff). Shopping is something to get over with as soon as possible - no friendly conversations with the staff/ salespersons trying to make a better or bigger sale.
4. Paying by card/electronically.
5. Customers no longer buying on account (with the shop) so no need for credit checking in a central office.
6. Less intrusive in the apearance of the shop - more flexibility. Ball and wire systems have difficulties going up/downstairs.
7. Less reliance on equipment with moving parts.
8. ?Safety - cars/balls coming off and objects being sucked into tubes.
9. Customer can see where his/her money goes.
10. Electronic system gives more sales data - what was bought, who bought it (if loyalty scheme), when and can be collated automatically - linked to stock system.
Still used for conveying cash in bulk to secure office - old pneumetic systems and new systems to empty tills. (But Croydon incident!)